We respect and protect your privacy
1. Collection of information
What personal information do we collect?
‘Personal information’ means information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained.
We will only collect personal information about you if you voluntarily submit it to us by:
- providing your information by form, telephone or facsimile;
- sending us an email;
- sending us information via the ‘Contact’ page on our website; and/or
- sending us files via cloud services such as OneDrive, DropBox, etc; and/or
- sending us personal information when using any part of our website.
The types of personal information we may collect include:
- your name and birth date;
- your contact information, including postal and residential addresses, telephone and facsimile numbers, and email addresses; and/or
- any other information relevant to the services we are providing you.
We may also store and maintain any content that you provide in connection with our website, including but not limited to postings on any blogs, forums and other social media applications and services that we may provide.
We do not usually seek sensitive information (e.g., data relating to race or ethnic origin, religious beliefs, criminal record, physical or mental health, or sexual orientation). We will, where necessary, obtain your explicit consent to collect and use such information.
We will generally hold your personal information as either physical records, records on our servers, and in some cases, records on third party servers, which may be located overseas.
We may collect and hold information about you that is not personal information, including:
- data relating to your activity on our website via tracking technologies such as cookies;
- the identity of your Internet browser, the type of operating system you use, your IP address and the domain name of your Internet service provider; and
- details of any survey responses you may provide.
We may use this information for internal purposes, including administering our services, diagnosing problems, generating statistics and trends, and improving the quality of our products and services.
What will we tell you when we collect your personal information?
Whenever we collect information from you, we will do everything we can to let you know:
- how to contact us;
- why we are collecting the information;
- the organisation or types of organisations to which we usually disclose that kind of information;
- if we are required by law to collect the information;
- the consequences for you if the information is not provided;
- how you may access and correct the information;
- how to complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles; and
- whether we will disclose your information to overseas recipients, and the countries in which such recipients are likely to be located.
When reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect personal information directly from you or someone authorised by you and not from third parties.
2. Use and disclosure of information
When will we use and disclose your information?
In general, we will collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the purposes of providing or offering goods and services to you, any purposes that you may reasonably expect, for any other purpose authorised by law, or for any other purposes disclosed to or authorised by you. This may include disclosures to organisations that provide us with technical and support services, and professional advice.
By providing us with your personal information, you also consent to us using and disclosing your personal information for:
- providing you with news and information about our goods and services;
- purposes necessary or incidental to the provision of our goods and services;
- providing you with the functionality on our website, and customising and improving your online experience with us;
- personalising your experience with our products and services, for example, via connectivity with social media services;
- sending you marketing and promotional material that we believe you may be interested in, either from any of our related entities or a third party business which we consider may be of interest to you; and
- seeking your feedback on our services, or for market research purposes.
You may at any time request that we discontinue sending you emails or other communications.
Your personal information may also be used and disclosed to protect our rights or property and that of our users and, where appropriate, to comply with legal processes, which may include disclosures to law enforcement, regulatory or government agencies.
Disclosure of information to third parties
Personal information may also be disclosed to other third parties in order to respond to your requests or inquiries, as part of a corporate transaction such as a sale, divestiture, merger or acquisition, or where those parties handle information on our behalf.
Cross border disclosures of information
We are unlikely to disclose your information to overseas recipients. If in future we wish to disclose personal information to overseas recipients, we will only do so with your consent or otherwise in compliance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
3. Access and correction
Who will see or have access to your personal information?
Unless we are required to provide your personal information to others for purposes of public safety and law enforcement, your information will only be seen or used by persons working with us or for us, including our contracted service providers.
Accessing and checking the personal information we hold about you
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, up to date, and relevant whenever it is used, collected or disclosed. You may request access to your personal information by contacting the Privacy Officer. Subject to any legal restrictions we would be happy to advise you what personal information we hold about you if you request this. We will respond to all requests within a reasonable period.
There may be some cost to you to cover the cost of retrieving and processing the information if it requires a significant amount of time to locate or collect your information or to present it in an appropriate form. We will let you know in advance if any charges will apply.
We rely on the accuracy of the information you provide to us. If you think that we may hold information about you that is incorrect in any way, please contact us and we will correct any errors or inaccuracies where required.
If we are unable to provide you with access to your information, or make any amendments which you have requested, we will advise you of our reasons.
If at any time you wish to know what information we are holding about you, you are welcome to request your details by contacting the Privacy Officer.
4. Information security
We have in place reasonable commercial standards of technology and operational security to protect all personal information provided to us from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
5. Visitors’ questions and complaints
We take all complaints seriously, and will respond to your complaint within a reasonable period.
If you believe that we have not adequately handled your complaint, you may complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner whose contact details are as follows:
For further information about privacy and the protection of privacy, visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at www.oaic.gov.au.